5:30 a.m. focus

This morning I struggled to get out sprung out of bed at 5:05 a.m. As an adult, I have enough self-awareness to know that I need to shut off the evil buzz at least once. So that was 5 a.m.

I've had a good off-season and now with the shoulder season (usually filled by me playing football), my mission is to find a hobby.

I've thought about raising chickens, but my good friend Dana made a few good points difficult to ignore so I have a ton of crazy research yet to do. Trip to local organic farm scheduled.

There's always gardening, which terrifies excites me - on the one hand you have fresh veggies, on the other you have a giant weed patch sucking money investment which requires constant care.

Travel is on hold for the moment - hopefully we can rebound for beach season and summer. I'd like to go to Charleston, visit friends Debbie & Willie in Virginia and maybe take a mission trip to Kenya. I think we'll go whitewater rafting and maybe even buy a kayak finally (after I sell my bike on Craigslist...)

This leaves, in my mind, a physical challenge.

Today's workout was pretty straightforward:
20 squats + 25 jacks + 10 pushups + 20 body rows + 25 jacks + 20 situps + 5 burpees = 1 round

The trainer said ... "Most people do four rounds and if you can do five, I think you'd be doing pretty well." I heard "You totally suck unless you do more than five rounds," so I automatically did six. The squats and situps were the most challenging to finish; we'll see what happens tomorrow.

My plan for now: spartan 5:30 a.m. workouts. Weird transition, indeed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My gratitude...

Inspiration