Is getting ripped worth it?

I read this funny posting about fitness philosophy.

My favorite line was the one about letting your inner fat kid out... I have to battle mine daily. After two weeks of hitting the morning workouts hard and trying to eat cleaner, things are going well.

Yesterday's workout was a 17-rep descending set of (DB swing with 20 & 20 DBs, squats, pushups and jacks). After I got to 1 rep, I made it back up to 10, and traded squats for situps for variety.

Today's workout was a good combination of pressure (30 minutes) and the challenge to beat 34 reps. I turned in 25 reps of this: 10 pushups, 10 squats, 10 rows and 10 jacks. I did some very ugly pushups at the end, but I had a focus the past two days that was awesome.

In my personal battle for getting ripped, I think it's worth it. My fat kid still loves cake, but I like muscle strength more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspiration

My giants

To the blackboard, batman...