That feeling

Today I saw a smile on the face of a woman who was not used to accomplishing things like pulling weighted sleds around, let alone inside of cones at a football practice.

She smiled as her teammates cheered for her. Inside, she cheered for herself.

She wasn't going to finish every rep or run faster than anyone else, but she saw something inside herself tonight - and I think she'll be back for more on Wednesday.

When I saw her smile, it reminded me of why I love this game.

Sitting out tonight with my neck tied in knots of major proportion, I wanted to be doing all of it - the running, the stupid circuits, the pulling of a sled. I don't want to retire, but I play to feel that smile spread across my face as my teammates yell for "Extra Point"or when someone does something truly unexpected .... and right now, I haven't felt it yet this season. That makes me sad.

It's too much controversy, too many opinions, too little information, too many good intentions and not enough action. I'm ready to play, but I'm already tired of it.

Yet the day will come when I can't play anymore and that will be worse.

I want to feel that feeling again. I miss it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My gratitude...

Inspiration